Saturday, November 8, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Balloons Dies ...

Using this balloons die set by Simon Says Stamp, I made a birthday card for hubbie.  You can use the largest balloon die to make a card in the shape of a balloon ... how cool is that!?  The approximate size of the balloons from largest to smallest are 4.25"x5.5", 3.5"x4.65", 3"x3.2", 1.7"x2.2", and 1.9"x1.55".


Here's a picture of the card.  I used a bit of multimedia on the baker's twine and wrapped it around a paint brush end ... once it was dried, it maintained the shape.  I also used 3 other dies for the card ... Papertrey Ink's Hearts Die Cover Plate and One Liners Happy Die and Little B's Handwritten die set.  For some reason, it makes me feel better when I use a bunch of things ... I guess I'm trying to use everything I've bought at least once :)


The idea of this card is from Shari Carroll ... I saw this on the Simon Says Stamp blog and loved it so much I had to give it a try.  I was limited with the colours as I only have 3 different baker's twine.  Since I did not want it to look like a Christmas card, I added grey to the red and white :)

I don't know if you could see that the hearts have several layers to add a bit of dimensions (me trying to take pics at different angles to pick this up at the same time as taking a close up of the balloon ... I tried ... lol).  The peace of white cardstock is tape down with some foam tape ... again giving dimension to the card.


I decided not to waste the partial die cut of the balloon and use it on the envelope ... a matching envelope :)  The splatter you see on the left of the envelope is me adding a mist of pearlized water ... it looks better in real life ... honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment