Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Departure card and box ...

After returning from vacation in October, I learned one of my team members was leaving and heading back to India mid-November.  However, that was not it ... my team lead was heading back to Australia at the end of November ... so we're down to 4 in our team :(

Here's the card I made for Asish.  I learned that he was really into photography, so with the help of another team member, we got some photos of his time in Montreal and Canada.  Some of the pictures were actually ones he had taken.  He was quite surprise by the pictures.


For the inside, I decided to maintain the photography theme and put everyone's messages in a polaroid.  I also indicated the names of the messages as you would normally write down the name and date the picture was taken.  It doesn't look too bad.


The card turned out to be quite large ... so large that the paper I wanted to use for the envelope was not big enough.  Thankfully, I had this really large paper (20"x32") that I've had for over 10 years!  I put a regular size envelope (4 3/8"x5 3/4") in the 2nd picture to give you an idea of the scale.  I actually made a second envelope a bit larger to fit the pictures of Montreal that we got him.


Finally, I made my usual box for the Lindt chocolate.  I used Stampscapes stamps with dye inks and glossy paper for the scene on top of the box ... this was actually the initial idea for the card I wanted to make ... in the end I did it anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment