Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 ... Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!!  May 2013 bring you health, happiness, and many wonderful surprises!!  Oh and of course for those of us who love to craft ... lots of crafting time :)

We were all at my parents' place last night for dinner.  As usual, we had a great dinner and of course some laughs ... we had roast beef, chinese broccoli, stuffed peppers and tofu, some mixed greens and of course soup :)  When it was time for dessert, I was too full to eat anything else!  Surprisingly, this year I was awake way into the New Year ... well, that is compared to my usual ... wish hubbie Happy New Year and then off to bed.  I went to bed at 2:00 a.m. ... amazing (for me anyway)!   However, I still got up at 7:00 a.m.  Yeah, I never got the concept of sleeping in ... however, hubbie has that down pat :)

It's been so busy the last few months ... both at work and in The Paper Room.  I won't bore you with work stuff ... besides, I'm on vacation, so I don't want to think about work.  Let's talk about The Paper Room ... well, in November after the snow globe make n take and October birthdays, I decided to tidy up The Paper Room, which was a real mess!  It felt great tidying things up ... look you can see the table again ;)  I should have taken a before picture ... you couldn't see the table, it was covered with paper, stamps, inks, applicators ... I even removed the stack of paper/projects I had on the right side of the table.

Hubbie was impressed that it was still clean after 2-3 weeks :)  Well, with another make n take and the departure cards and boxes I was working on ... yup, it was a mess again!  I was even working on the floor since I had too much stuff on the table ;)


Since I was away for work for a bit and sick last week, I didn't clean up things until this week.  It took a couple of days as I had a lot to sort out and I re-organized!  Hubbie got me another Gracious Living container from Canadian Tire ... 8-drawer one ... on special :)  I put the smaller container on the right side of my desk in front of the window, which made room for part of the new Gracious Living container under my other table :)  I cleared off some stuff from the desk, so it would not be as cluttered.  And yes, you can see the table again!!


Also, I picked up another shelving cube from Michaels ... 50% off craft storage this week!  You'll notice that the corner shelving is now twice as high.   I think that's as high as my Gracious Living container wall will be ... any higher, hubbie is worried that it will fall over!  No changes really to the book cases (pic on the right) ... this is the one area that is always tidy!

 

Wow, I never realized I could write so much about tidying The Paper Room!!  Hope I did not put you to sleep!  Anyway, I love starting the year with a clean and tidy room :)  It's a new year, and I hope you're all looking forward to all the wonderful experiences and fun that it will bring you!

No comments:

Post a Comment