Saturday, January 24, 2015

Maculine birthday card ...

Even with all the stamps I have, I always find it a bit of a challenge to make a masculine card ... especially, when I'm trying not to use any of the Penny Black Inc. or Stampscapes stamps.

After looking through my stamps and dies, I finally settled on using this stencil from Tim Holtz.  Basically, I taped the stencil down with painter's tape on Neenah Solar White cardstock and applied Distress Inks using the mini blending tool.  I just love that tool ... it's so easy to add colour!  I opted to omit spraying the piece with pearlized water since it is suppose to be a masculine card.  Hubbie thought it was a wise decision :)

Here's the final result ...


I love how the 2 colours blend together.  The mini blending tool makes blending so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment