Sunday, August 12, 2012

Papertrey Ink card idea ...

Papertrey Ink had their Stamp-A-Faire Summer Camp weekend during the weekend of July 21.  It was on-line this year, so all in the comfort of your home.  They had some terrific ideas and videos.  I didn't really make many cards since I was busy reading the posts and watching the videos.  However, there is one technique that they mentioned that I heard of before but never got around to trying.  It's a technique using shaving cream and ink.  Unfortunately, we didn't have any at home.  I'll have to remember to get some the next time we're at the pharmacy.

However, I did try this idea by Betsy Veldman, where she die cuts the pattern paper and stamps the image afterwards.

Betsy

Here's my take on it ... basically the same idea ... except I decided to put two score lines at the bottom instead of a scallop edge.  Can you see the score lines in the close up?  I thought it'll be more subtle.
 

Also, I place an order that weekend; and hubbie picked it up last weekend ... of course he didn't really have a choice since this annoying person kept calling him to remind him to pick it up :)  Don't worry, he took joy in torturing me by deciding not to come over to Mei Mei's with the box before we all went for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment