Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Penny Black Inc. stamps ...

Here are the distractions from Penny Black Inc. that interrupted my playing time with my asian stamp sets from Dove of the East.  They're illustated by Mo Manning; I've seen her work from a stamping company called Stampingbella in the past ... however, for some reason these ones called out to me ... especially the 1st 2 :)



I started by stamping little elf Finn with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on solar white Neenah cardstock and colouring him with Copics markers, which was for me the quickest way to colour.


Plan was to use the Spellbinder Blossom Two Nestabilities below to have a shape in the background.  I had seen this video on YouTube showing you how to use these dies even if the image is bigger than the die.

Spellbinder Blossom Two Nestabilities S4-232

I made a border with the next larger size in bronze metallic paper.  The rest of the image was "colour" with scrapbook paper ... basically, stamp the part of the image on the paper, cut and glued it.  Lastly, I put some white Fun Flock on the hat and top ... I don't know if you could see it well in the close up.


It's not finished yet as I still have to figure out what to do with the Christmas ornament ... I'd like to put a sentiment in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment