Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy, busy, busy ...

Sure been busy ... where to start ... let's continue where I left off from my last post.  Oh yeah, that was on Chinese New Year ... wow!  Well, we were at my mom's for dinner the next day (Feb. 4) ... dinner to open the New Year ... so I brought the final version of the mock-up invitation for my brother and Holly to see and confirm that this is it.  The design and paper are finalized ... yaay!  Went to get the RSVP envelopes and paper for the invitations last Saturday ... they were having a sale, so that was cool :)

This weekend I started working on my brother and Holly's invitations ... at least what I was able to.  I'm waiting for some paper to come in and some details regarding the wedding before I can begin the real work.  However, I did redo the RSVP template and got all the embossing done :)

Let see ... what else have I been up to ... been playing with the Delicate Blossoms stamp set.  Just love this Hero Art stamp set!  Don't you think it's gorgeous?  I finally got it back in November ... I did use it to make a sample invitation for Mei Mei.  However, it didn't make the cut :) 

Delicate Blossoms picture

Here's a card I made for hubbie's co-worker last week.  Nothing fancy ... I wanted to make a simple card to emphasis the simplicity of this stamp.   I'm planning to make a card set with these stamps later when I have a bit more time :)


Here's the birthday card that a friend asked me to make for her.  She told me the person likes black & white and flowers ... so of course I had to use this stamp ;)  The top card was my inspiration for this one.  She also asked me to make a gift certificate.  They're doing a collection to give her to go on a shopping spree ... I know what I'd be buying if I received such a gift ;)

 

Initially, I was going to make a gift certificate.  However, these days gift cards are the way to go!  I had a lot of fun making this matching gift card!  I would have put a magnetic strip on the back of the gift card, but there wasn't any room.  Next time I'll make it with the magnetic strip; however, I think it still looks ok.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment