Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Asian Touch ...

What a great day I had yesterday!  I had my class "An Asian Touch" yesterday, where I show different techniques with Ranger's Distress Ink ... and had a wonderful time with 5 really nice ladies.  Hopefully, I'll get to see them again.  The best thing about classes for me is meeting new people and sharing ideas and experiences.  It's nice to know I'm not the only nut out there :)  BTW, I also got to do a bit of shopping after my class ... yay, more toys ;)

Not only did the class get the creative juices flowing, but it eliminated the stress from my job ... you know the one that pays for all these toys.  This is really the best therapy for me :)

We made 4 cards ... the idea was for each person to make 2 cards with the bamboo stamp and 2 cards with the cherry blossom stamp.  The price of the course included one stamp ... however, most of them bought the other stamp ... I can understand ... I love these 2 stamps ... and of course, I have both of them!

Chinese Screen Card

Supplies:
One 8 1/2"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock (Black)
Two 3 1/2"x4" pieces of cardstock (Brown/Olive Green)
One 3 1/4"x 3 3/4"piece of glossy paper
One 3 1/4"x 3 3/4"piece of cardstock (Blue/Light yellow used here - inside card)
Versamark Ink
Distress Inks (Broken China & Brushed Corduroy/Peel Paint & Vintage Photo)
Blending Tool
Adhesive


Traditional Resist Card


Supplies:
One 8 1/2"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock (White)
One 4"x5 1/4" piece of cardstock (Grey/Olive Green)
One 1 1/2"x5 1/4" piece of cardstock (Red/Mustard Yellow)
One 4" diameter circle - watercolor paper (White)
Versamark Ink
Clear Embossing Powder & Heating Gun
Distress Inks (Stormy Sky & Aged Mahogany/Peel Paint & Vintage Photo)
Blending Tool
Adhesive
Corner Chomper



Box Card


Supplies:
One 8 1/2"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock (Purple/Brown)
- Score at 3 1/4", 4", 7 1/4, and 8". 
One 3 1/8"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock (Beige)
Distress Inks (Dusty Concord/Walnut Stain)
Blending Tool
Adhesive
Stickles (Star Dust)



Blending Distress Inks Card



Supplies:
One 8 1/2"x5 1/2" piece of cardstock (White)
One 4"x5 1/4" piece of cardstock (Sky Blue/Brown)
One 2 3/8"x4" piece of cardstock (Red/Mustard Yellow)
One 2 1/8"x4" diameter circle - watercolor paper (White)
Distress Inks (Stormy Sky & Brushed Cordunroy/Aged Mahogany & Vintage Photo)
Momento Dye Ink (Tuxedo Black)
Craftsheet
Mini Mister
Adhesive



Oh and before I forget ... I had a lovely assistant during this class.  At one point, we needed bone folders (a tool used to crease materials in crafts) since not everyone had one ... and in comes hubbie with 2 bone folders.  Yup, he was at the store waiting for me ... don't worry, he wasn't bored ... he was doing his own crafting ... WarCraft!

1 comment: