Monday, June 16, 2014

Card set gift ...

Here's a card set I gave as a birthday gift to a friend.  It's similar to some other cards that I previously made ... but I can't seem to stop making this style card!  As I've mentioned, I love the way embossed white cardstock looks.  I was also trying to use up some colour cardstock that I had.

Basically, I made 2 cards each with the same flower and colour scheme and stamped different sentiments.  This simplified things, but it still took a bit of time to finish them.  Pictures are a bit dark, but you get the idea.


I decided to make some matching envelopes for the cards using the Envelope Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers ... love this tool!  Oh and of course ... I die cut some circles with adhesive backing to close the envelopes ... you know like a seal :)


I also made a box to put the card set in since I did not have a box that would fit 10 cards and envelopes.  I used 110 lb white watercolour paper to make the box and covered it with burgundy cardstock and then pattern paper ... covering the lid and base of the box decorated it as well as made the box even more sturdy :)


In went the cards and envelopes ... perfect fit :)


Final step ... tie it with matching ribbon and there you go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment