Sunday, April 21, 2013

Card sets ...

Awhile ago (probably 2-3 months ago), I decided to make some cards with some of the Flourishes stamps sets that I got while we were in Nova Scotia last year.  I die cut 15 of die A from the Papertrey Ink "Sending You" die collection.
Sending-You-dies 

I used 2 images from the "A year in Flower I" and 1 image from "Botanical Bookplates vol 2" and stamped each image 5 times.  Using colouring pencils and solvent, I coloured the images different colours.  I just had the leaves on one to finish colouring and then I would be able to finish the cards.


Well, I finally finished colouring and made the cards while I was on vacation a few weeks ago!!  I love using this technique ... it's very forgiving.  If you colour over the lines or something too dark (which was my case for 1 of them), you can use an eraser and re-colour ... even months after you coloured it :)


You'll notice that I have strips of paper going across the center of the card.  It seems to anchor the image and allows me to use some of the scraps of paper I have ... and believe me I have a lot!  Here's some pictures of each stamp set and a close up of a card from each set ...



I think the tulips set is my favourite ... for some reason, I love tulips :)



Intially, I planned to stamp the same sentiment for each set. However, when I got to the last set, I decided to stamp different sentiments.  I don't know which is better ... anyway!  Another option would be to have different flowers in the same set with a different sentiment ... the possibilities are endless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment