Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cool pic from Aunt T ...

My Aunt T sends me the coolest pictures ... first, it was this one when she was in Dubai in 2011 ... http://www.thepaperroom.blogspot.ca/2011/05/isnt-this-cool.html. On Thursday, she sent me this one ... pretty cool, huh?  Of course, I like the shape of the box ... cool packaging!


It reminds me of a die I recently bought ... Memory Box's Mini Takeout Box die.  I was playing with it last weekend ... unfortunately, it's not big enough to fit cookies in ... unless they're tiny cookies.  Hmmm ... or maybe I should learn how to make chocolates :)  Yeah, I'm sure hubbie would love it if I took on another hobby (and took over another room in the house) ... LOL.  The finished size of the box is 1.6"x2.1"x1.75".  It's perfect for a party favour or wedding favour.  To be honest, I didn't really have a plan to use it for something specific when I ordered it ... it's not like we throw parties!   However, it is so cute I just couldn't resist buying it :)  I'm sure I'll find some use for it later on!

Anyway, I played with the die a bit last weekend.  I cut the die out and was to anxious to see what it look like that I folded the box before decorating it :)


I decided to emboss the sides with the Leafy Vines stamp from Hero Arts.  It wasn't too difficult to stamp it even though I folded the box already.  I used some post-it's to mask the other areas since I did not want the image there (... don't mind the names on the post-it's ... I previously used them when making Christmas cards for my old team).  As you can see, I stamped 2 sides at the same time and then I repeated the same thing for the remaining 2 sides.
 
Leafy Vines picture  
Isn't this just adorable!  I thought it would look nicer with a ribbon than a wire handle.  I guess I had a wedding favour in mind when I was making this.

No comments:

Post a Comment