Thursday, September 23, 2010

Papercrafts to share ...

Thought I'd share with you some things that I've made over the years.  Here's a birthday card I made ... it's a big matchbook ... I "borrowed" one from my dad (BTW, I still have it) ... took it apart to see how it's done and replicated it ... I had so much fun making it!  My friend said something to the effect of it being unique ... not getting anything like that ... I think that's a good thing.

Here's an emergency coping kit I made for the same friend for his birthday ... I made the box and card ... he loves coffee, so when I saw the paper, I thought it was perfect ... it's brown and the pattern reminded me of cups.  His birthday card was a list of items in the kit :)


Last step, fill it up with goodies ... chocolate and coffee ... and of course a box of coffee filter ... after all it is an emergency kit.  I got the idea since he was the only guy in his team ... working with a bunch of women who seem to enjoy bugging him ... so I thought it would be a good way to help him cope :)


As for the items below ... nope, I did not make them ... I'm not that creative!  I just covered it with paper and ribbon, etc.  The mailbox was for a birthday; and I filled it with a postcard, small package, flyer, registered package notice ... you know, things you would usually find in your mailbox.  The paint can and flower pot were for Christmas.  We picked names at work and made a Christmas container for the person, and we all put little gifts in each other's container.  What!?  It was a way to have some fun ... guess, it doesn't take much to amuse us ... ok, I confess ... it was my silly idea to do this.  I think everyone had fun ... either that or they were humoring me ... everyone was quite creative with their containers and the gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment