Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another birthday card ...

Here's another birthday card share.  For some reason, I associate purple with the person this card is for ... don't know why.  Anyways, I did the purple and green combo ... I like those 2 colours together ... so the decision of what colours to use was easy.  I went through my stamps a bit before finding the right one.  I have a few flower stamps by Stacy Stamps and decided to use the large stamp from the Snapdragon set.  I coloured the flowers with colour pencils and used odourless solvent and  paper stumps to blend ... I know I keep saying this, but I really do love this technique :)


When I stamped the sentiment I didn't put enough pressure on the left, so part of the "B" was a bit light.  I didn't want to redo everything, so I used my Momento marker and went over the word "Birthday".  I left "Greetings" the way it was ... it gave the card some extra dimension.  I don't think what I did is too noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment