Sunday, July 6, 2014

Notebooks ...

After seeing a "Make It Monday" video on Nichole Heady's website (http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/) showing how to make notebooks, I decided to give it a try :)  Here's my first notebook ... I decided to make it simple and just emboss the cover.



I selected 3 shades of pink and cut the paper to 2 3/4"x4 1/4" and stamp "just a little note." on each page using a different frame for each shade of pink.



My first "customer" was my mom :)  Sight unseen, she asked for one as she wanted to keep one in her purse, so she had something to take down a number or make a note.  I gave her this one ...  



Here's a picture of the back and the pages ... I left the pages blank for this one.


However, after talking to her, I learned she preferred a smaller one, so I decided to make one half the size (2 1/8"x2 3/4") of the 1st one I made for her.  She found the smaller one really cute ... me too!


I must admit this brings back old memories ... I remember making little notebooks when I was younger except they were not as nice ... just a bunch of cut paper held together by staples.  At one point, I said to my mom "I really like paper." ... her response "I know ... ever since you were little."  I guess some things just don't change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment