Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gelatos birthday card ...

Here's a birthday card I made for a friend's birthday earlier this month.  She's the one that I made the card set for.  She's one of the few people I know who goes out looking for the perfect card for someone.  I always get unique handmade cards from her, so I wanted to make something really nice since I was on vacation and had the time.

I decided to make a card using Gelatos.  I've made several of these cards ... ok, maybe that's a bit of an understatement ... I've made over 20 cards!  I had given a class last October and went a little crazy with samples.  I love the way Gelatos look on dark cardstock!!


As you can see, I added some stickles to give it a bit of a shine :)  Sorry about the fuzzy close-up picture ... well, it adds to the effect of Gelatos on dark cardstock :)



I wanted to make the card more special ... so, I decided to stamp the inside of the card too.  The stamp that I used for the front of the card is part of a 2-stamp set, so it was perfect!


After making this card, I got a taste and am planning to make some more!  I have a reason ... well sort of ... someone at work wants to buy some.  However, I don't think she will be buying the quantity that I'm planning to make though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment