Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Paper Room - Part 2 ...

Well, hubbie sure loves me ... there is no doubt about that!!  Not that there was any doubt to begin with ... but for anyone who wondered just how much :)

Hubbie went to Ikea many, many, many ... did I say many ... times to pick up everything from Ikea.  He picked up 4 PAX system frames, 27 drawers, 16 shelves ... as well as 2 Alex drawer units and a table top, which is my new desk.  Also, he did most of the work putting everything together ... I help a bit ... moving the stuff and putting the shelves up and some of the drawers together ... basically, the easy stuff.  Again, T-H-A-N-K  Y-O-U hubbie!!

So, here's what replace the towers of plastic storage containers.  What do you think?  Yeah, it's pretty high ... I still need to get a step ladder, so I could reach the stuff on the top shelves :)  I'm pretty happy with it!  To quote Agnes from Despicable Me ... "I'm so haapppy!!!"


This is my new desk.  It's smaller than the previous one, but it has enough space for the essentials.  I opted for a smaller desk as it gave me more room when I opened the drawers of the PAX storage unit ... it was more comfortable.


The best part of this desk option is the 2 Alex drawer units on either side that acted as the feet for the desk ... more storage space ... yaay!  As you can see, I still have a few bits to sort out ... for now, I stored it under the desk :)


Yup, lots of punches ... there are 2 more drawers :)


To the left of the desk is another PAX storage unit ... but the smaller one.  It fit perfectly there!  I'm still missing one drawer as they didn't have any more in stock.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Ikea was having a discount on their PAX system ... it was perfect timing!  Hopefully, they will get more drawers soon.


As you can see, I reorganized the closet as well.  I kept some plastic containers and added some other containers from Ikea.


I also reorganized the 2 bookcases to the left of the closet ...


I moved a few things around on my table and got rid of 2 of those containers ... you know the ones that you put screws, nuts, nails etc.  I manage to consolidate things and just keep 2.


As I mentioned, I didn't get rid of all the plastic storage containers.  As you can see, I still have a few under the table :)


As hubbie commented ... I really maximized the usage of the space I have ... he was referring to me putting some stuff in the space between the ceiling and PAX storage unit.  Wha!?  No space should be wasted!  Just like paper :)


FYI, I was able to fit a lot of stamps in those drawers.  Here's a couple of drawers filled with stamps :)


I love the flexibility of this storage unit ... I was able to size the shelf to the size of the paper ... now, I could easily reach for the paper I want.  BTW, I don't think I need to buy any more paper!!


Well, that's the end of the tour.  Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment