Sunday, February 15, 2015

Christmas funshop ...

Before the holidays, I manage to squeeze in a funshop at work.  Initially, I wanted to try and do 2 funshops but only had time to do 1 ... this was definitely not due to a lack of ideas :)

Anyway, I decided to do a wine bottle tag and gift card holder ... something I thought would be useful for most people and also different from making a card.  I kept it simple as I wanted to ensure everyone had time to finish both items.

  

I decided to prepare "kits" where I basically put all the pieces in a plastic bag except the circle piece for the gift card holder and the oval piece for the wine bottle tag.  I decided to leave them out, so that people can choose the sentiment they wanted to stamp.  This worked well, so I think I will be doing this from now on.  I had pre-cut and embossed everything as I really couldn't bring my Big Shot to work as initially planned ... it was just too heavy with everything else that I was bringing!

Here's some close ups of the wine bottle tags. 


Here are the tags in action :)


For the gift card holder, I basically used the We R Memory Keepers envelope punch to create the appropriate size envelope.  I even made an envelope liner, so that you can write a message to the recipient.  You can't see it, but I embossed the flap of the envelope as well.


The front of the gift card is decorated with scrapbooking paper with a solid colour mat, and of course a belly band matched :)


I added an embellishment on the center of the snowflake ... I find it gives it something ... nothing too flashy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment