Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fun with Fun Flock!

When I first saw Fun Flock at my local scrapbook store many years ago, I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I decided to try it out by doing a "make 'n take" with it.  The "make 'n take" was an Easter basket with a bunny on it ... I had the customers put Fun Flock on the ears and feet of the bunny.  It's actually quite easy to do ... we applied some glue with a glue pen and sprinkled the Fun Flock on the glue, shake off the excess, gently rubbed my finger over the flocked area to remove more excess ... and there you have it ... a soft bunny!  Sorry .... I don't have a picture as I left the sample with the store.

However, I do have pictures of a couple of cards with Fun Flock.  I colored the images first and then apply the Fun Flock.  I added the different colors one at a time to give the look of a gradual change in the color.  My advice would be to get a few colors and white ... this will allow you to get different shades by mixing white into the color.


On this card, I add the fun flock on the head band and the collar and detail across the dress ... not sure if you could see this.

  

Here's another card where I used the fun flock on the whole jacket.  
 

Here's a close up of the jacket ... I think you could see the texture more easily on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment