Sunday, September 26, 2010

My first class ...

Over the years, I've done workshops/funshops at work.  My first workshop was an Origami workshop in 1995 ... I was quite nervous ... I still remember my hands shaking as I held the paper. 

Last year, I restarted the funshops when we were going through stressful times at work in hopes this would allow us to have some fun!  This also help me make the decision to give classes at one of my local scrapbooking store.  In preparation, I did make & takes twice a month at the store to familiarize myself with the customers and for them to get familiar with me and my style. 

My first class at the store last December was to make a set of 3 Origami boxes.  This was something very familiar, so I was not that nervous ... I guess having only 3 people helped the nerves as well :)   The store owner was not sure many people would register for the class since it was a bit short notice; however, I did not mind ... I just wanted to make a go of it.  It was a lot of fun, and I realize that my funshops have help prepare me for this.  Here's the class sample:

No comments:

Post a Comment